Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

and it goes on....

I have been looking at puting a NAS server on my home network. That way I can get to all my music and photos from anywhere in the house and have both new, ie current, photos and an archive.
I take alot of pictures and the work on the themes of the original photo or idea. I can never just have the one final image and I use several programes to work on them... and as I hate to compress images, you end up with alot of very big duplicated files and folders.
I also have been ripping lots of music into iTunes as WAV and also some that I feel are more serious.. a duplicate EAC copy as well. Sames as the photos... can't bring myself to compress them either.
So I figure a pair of 500Gbs mirrored.. and that will leave 2 more bays for later on.
I original started, as you yourself said, as a fun computer user. But more things get added, its a big Silverstone case so loads of bays... and the thing is now a monster.... then the external audio kit, back up drive(s)... scary.

I am surprised just how much business gets conducted on a home computer... and how much money gets blown casually online.

Oh well, what else would we do...?

Have fun,
K

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.