Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Yes I know, I am finding that out, also though...

Disabling the mixer completely seems to be *one* way of getting a proper clean signl using ASIO, but this causes anything that is not ASIO compatable to stop working completely... so that option is a no go for me since I also play some games and watch some shows.

The best option for me at the moment seems to be using the HagUSB when it gets here... using ASIO on a usb device like that does give you an un-touched signal while still using the Audigy as the main device and using it's analog out for games and movies... or even it's digital out... my DAC has several inputs.

Basically I am saying that I understand why so many people move towards a USB s/pdif device. I have one but it is not optimal... it does though give me a way of testing what it is going to be like when I get the HagUSB and I think now that is the best way.

The sound quality when using the clean signal is night and day compared to even just using one mixer channel... it really is. If I did not need to do anything on my PC *but* play music, I would do it the way suggested earlier in the thread, but I use my PC for everything... so USB s/pdif is about my only option left.

it's funny that I learn more about ASIO while tweaking my hifi than from all the audio production work I have done over the years.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.