Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

I didn't say it before about Amarra...

Amarra was one of the first (THE first?) hi-end audio players. As such they were literally charging a couple thousand bucks for their software when it first hit the market. A reviewer who used to hangout on the Asylum bought his own copy gladly parting with his personal funds. All well and good I suppose if you're an audiophile with loads of money!

And then other outstanding music players entered the scene at more reasonable prices forcing Amarra to drop their pricing. Makes sense. All well and good again. Pricing plummeted but still expensive compared to others. Still highly regarded.

So I visit the Amarra room at Rocky Mountain Audio Fest many years ago ready to BUY my own copy of Amarra but the sales guy running the room has no clue. I was ready to pay with my credit card or cash right there and then but he wasn't prepared to sell it. He said he was, but he couldn't figure out how to make the transaction happen.

Initially too expensive, then too unprepared to sell it, and by this time too many other outstanding music players to bother with Amarra again. So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Almost bought it but didn't. Never looked back.

Edits: 07/21/22 07/21/22 07/21/22 07/21/22

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.