Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Sorting music on a portable device

You have a good memory! How can I forget the Cary player that we had in common. The 308T was one of my favorites and a bargain compared to some other vacuum tube players that didn't sound as good (including some in Cary's own product line).

Once you have your albums ripped you can transfer them to any number of storage devices including micro SD, SSD, HDD, etc. Whatever you do, be sure to have a backup or two! Storage is cheap. Your time and effort is priceless.

These days I prefer SSD over HDD and I especially like the compact units from Samsung like the T5 or T7 series.

If you plan to use a PC or Mac with outboard DAC to your stereo setup, you can simply transport the small SSD. If you plan to use a dedicated player inmate John Elison likes some of the higher end units made by FiiO. These will require commonly available adapter cables to drive your main stereo system.... or you can simply enjoy music using headphones.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Sorting music on a portable device - AbeCollins 11:19:46 01/05/22 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.