Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Just so you know, when your LMS quits Working ............

You are probably running an LMS Version supported by PinkDot (Martin)... He is no longer providing LMS Releases for Synology NAS systems since this past December. Your current LMS release will also stop working when you update to DSM 7.0 (Synology). I spoke to him last week on this.

So, as long as you never upgrade your NAS or LMS, you can continue to run LMS. Although any new features in either you will not get.

There is a Solution for you however, if you want to continue to run LMS on your Synology NAS. The current way to do this is install the Software Package called 'Docker' on your NAS and run the Container lmscommunity/logitechmediaserver - Your NAS has 'Docker'. This is what all of Squeezelite Forum NAS people are doing now as they are running into problems with the old pinkdot stuff.

I installed this yesterday and it is actually better than the PinkDot Versions, as it is easier to update and better integrated to the Synology NAS. No software dependencies other than Docker, so it is good for the long haul. An improvement over the Pinkdot releases for sure.

I will still be sticking with running LMS on a RPi Model 4 as it is far better integrated with PiCorePlayer, Faster, more easily re-configured and updated with patches and full releases. And less software packages involved. All Software is contained in the 'PiCorePlayer Envelope' This is what the developers of PcP use and recommend.

Edits: 05/03/21

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.