Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Just a bit more detail on the SW I used

As I mentioned, it's called "Audiophile Inventory AuI ConverteR 48x44" and is available at the samplerateconverter.com site. The free download works in all respects EXCEPT that it places two seconds of silence in the middle of each track. In order to get a non-crippleware version of the software, you go to a different site in order make your payment - strangely enough, this site appears to be run by JRiver. Here's the interesting thing: you can buy only the functionality you need. So in my case, I needed only ISO to DSF(DSD)64 conversion. The charge for that was $22.30. But other conversion functions are also available, each for an additional charge, e.g. to DFF, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, mp3, and so on.

Once your credit card is charged, you receive an email containing the key for the full version of the module you've ordered. This requires that you download the program AGAIN (but from the JRiver site, rather than from the samplerateconverter.com site) and then you open the program and navigate to the screen where you input your functionality key(s). This screen has about 16 or so different input boxes, depending on what module(s) you've pruchased, so you have to make sure that you put your key into the right box. Once you do so, you have to re-start the program again and then everything works fine. I actually timed the ISO to DSF conversion yesterday, and it took just over half an hour, which seems pretty long to me, but the result (which I played back over HQ Player) was fine. While the conversion is taking place, the program creates this log file, which is screen after screen of gobbledygook. You can either save the log file or trash it at the end of the process.

Going forward, my only concern is that the conversion capability of the ISO to DSF program seems to be only ISO to DSF64 (DSD64). I'm not sure what I'll do if I need DSD128 or DSD256 - but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Just a bit more detail on the SW I used - Chris from Lafayette 16:42:20 04/25/21 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.