Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Local music

I guess one reason I never use my local collection is that I never really bought that many CDs. And of what I have maybe 5-10% would ever be played again and only a handful were ever put on iTunes. My LP collection is different and a lot would get played if I weren't lazy about putting them on and taking them off. I'll play one or two and go back to Qobuz. I tried digitizing a few LPs but it was too much trouble.

Here's a funny thing though. I played one of my digitized LPs and then pulled out the original LP and played it. The LP sounded better not because of the digitization but because I'd improved my LP playback! I could hear all the flaws of my TT that I'd tweaked out. The Rega Planar 3 that I use had the motor mounted to the plinth, and I remounted it to an isolation board and it became much quieter. I also have a much better cartridge, better dual belts, better bearing, stable reclocked power, etc... It all adds up to much better analog.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Local music - zacster 12:07:36 04/10/21 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.