Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Putting together a proper man-cave here in Santa Fe...

House came with an attached 'casita' which we've had to usd for storage for the last two years.

Build a new garage so we now have a place to store stuff and the 'casita' will now become a proper listening room for vinyl. Had to run 75 feet of outdoor CAT 7 across the roof from the ComCast modem but that's the way we roll in Northern New Mexico. Everything incuding gas lines run across the flat roofs hidden by parapets.

Rya rug: Check!

Even a casita cat with its own 'condo'.

Sadly, the equipment rack is empty as most of the gear is on the bench for repair.

Edgar Horns WAY too big for the family room so this is where they will live.

LOTS of room for vinyl and the 'headless' Mac Mini finally get a 'head' =:-0

Will likely move the Audio-GD Master 11 DAC/Headphone amp in along with the uRendu for digital. Or could leave the uRendu in the main system and the Pi would do nicely here. The Mac Mini now has LMS, MinimServer, Audirvana and dCS Mosaic running on it and can be controlled by the keyboard/monitor in the casita or my Macbook Pro from the main house.

Next up? A proper NAS as I've got 3TB of music on that 'G' drive sitting next to the mini and that ain't a good way to go.

A work in progress and no furnishings as yet, but the wife wants a new couch in the living room so I get the hand-me-down and she has to chip in big for the new one!

First they came for the dumb-asses
And I did not speak out
Because I was not a dumb-ass

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.