Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RPi option with a screen

I bought an RPi 4B 2GB, an official 7" RPi touch screen and a SmartiPi 2 case, all for about $130 combined. Use with the PiCorePlayer 6 software and you have either a Squeezebox player or a player with the full LMS server -- your call during the software setup. The screen will display the album cover and what's playing info (or your choice of some VU meter options) plus give you screen-touch music selection, start/stop/pause/forward and volume control if you wish. Pretty slick, IMO.

BTW, the Smartpi 2 case includes a CPU fan option. I run mine on low speed (3.3 v) and it is completely noiseless in my room. CPU temp runs right at 45 degrees centrigrade. The only downside I see is that you have to keep an eye on the fan for dust buildup and may have to replace it every couple of years.

That's the neat thing about the RPi - lots of options to customize things to your liking along with great sound at an incredible price.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.