Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Your HELP Is Needed

I've been involved in audio since 1964 when I was 10 and I heard The Beatles play on The Ed Sullivan Show! I now own a 135lb, 40W/ch, Mastersound Reference 845, parallel, single-ended, triode amp/integrated amp, a YBA Genesis CD-4, CDP --{used strictly as a transport}-- a Musical Paradise MP-D2, tubed DAC and a pair of Reference 3A Taksim speakers. Along with various high-end ICs, digital and speaker wires as well as power cords.

I've ONLY mentioned all that to let you know I've been involved in audio for almost 56 years now and have a decent, high-end, audio system that I've come to discover is entry-level, by many people's standards today. I guess I shouldn't be surprised when I see amps, preamps, DACs etc, that cost more than my entire system does. But I digress. You see, I've also come to discover that despite my 56 years involved in audio and all the knowledge I've acquired over these many years, I desperately need YOUR help.

The reason I need your help is due to the fact I'm finally getting into "Computer Audio." A friend recently gave me an Oppo BDP-93 to get me involved. I'm disabled and it's getting worse with every passing year. It would be very convenient to have all my music in one location. But truth be told I'm completely lost with Computer Audio! I feel like I've entered an alien world where I don't speak the language and haven't the foggiest idea of what's happening! With that all being said, my friend told me I need to locate and buy a powered, 2TB, external HD! There's just one caveat, it cannot be a portable USB powered HD! I need to locate a desktop HD with its own external power! Can anyone here help me locate such a 2TB, HD with its own external power that's reasonably priced? I can find many portable USB powered external HDs, but not one desktop powered HD with its own external power. Your help would be deeply appreciated...

Thetubeguy1954 (Tom)

Central Florida Audio Society -- SETriodes Group -- Space Coast Audio Society
Full-range/Wide-range Drivers --- Front & Back-Loaded Horns --- High Sensitivity Speakers

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Topic - Your HELP Is Needed - thetubeguy1954 12:31:25 08/17/20 (52)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.