Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Audio Annex LP-)digital disks (attn: Fear3000)

It has evolved for me. A couple of things you might, or might not want to think about.

I explicitly define and maintain my own file structure. Depending on the the manufacturer the Album Artist for a CD (or download) could be, for example, The Beatles, Beatles or Beatles, The. So I even edit the tags for CDs I'm bringing into my system. Another one is track number - should be 01, 02, etc. not 1, 2, etc as the latter messes up the ordering in some views. For those fields and track name and album name determine how the data is organized and viewed from other apps and the OS of the working system.

I've given up on trying to maintain the genre - IMO it's impossible and for me playlists are a better way to handle that functionality. I like having the date available and populate the artist field especially for compilations.

For downloads I incorporate concert venue and date into the album title, and store whether it's a demo, soundboard, audience recording, FM broadcast, etc in the comment field. I don't trade this stuff and I don't save the text files that might come with them.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Audio Annex LP-)digital disks (attn: Fear3000) - Goober58 14:04:33 11/10/19 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.