Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

What you write is not true

""I thought we had this discussion a couple years ago but you seem to struggle with the idea.""

That is your unreasonable & erroneous, interpretation. I'm afraid that you are the only one struggling here....

Anytime that you need some help, I could give you a lesson in logic, deductive reasoning, and how we derive definitions of things.

""The microRendu, ultraRendu, opticalRendu, Raspberry Pi, etc. are all "computers" ""

Yes, - they are single purpose computers, and I never denied that to be true.

What I've always asserted is how LAYPEOPLE and audiophiles, and not-so-technical, (normal) folks talk about computers: they "Define" them or "refer to them" to "multi-function" AS computers, - They do not "REFE" single purpose computers designed exclusively for individual networking/file processing tasks, as computers when they speak of them.

Laypeople, do not speak of their Apple TV as a computer, - even though it is. They call it an Apple TV. They call their SoTM SMS200 a "Digital File Player." In common parlance, - "Please turn off the TV."

Multi-function computers, like MACMini, Dell-Laptop, HP Proliant, etc. - when playing music, - are more noisy and (if using the USB audio codec), - lack the signal integrity with their multi-port, USB bus: as opposed to an isolated, and regenerated single port, reclocked, USB signal.

A Nest camera is also technically a computer, - but housewives don't call their Nest camera a computer.

No point in re-hashing this definition that you refuse to understand, (at one point, you even argued the dictionary definition of a computer), - but most everyone here, - except you, - knows that they need to violate the multi-functionality of a multi-function computer in order to improve it for enhanced audio performance.

John Swenson's (Former Intel Engineer) development work IN HIGH END audio hardware I/O boards is much better than any Apple engineer's work in HIGH END AUDIO, as it's very likely that that Apple Engineer doesn't believe that high end audio exists. And their job, and the purpose of any Apple or Dell computer is to perform (likely) hundreds of different functions: where the Rendu, DCS, and SoTM products are designed to perform just one. These systems are designed and optimized for just one "processing" job.

Ironic that you're using an Intona to IMPROVE the (poorer) performance of the USB output of your multi-function computer. Just think how much BETTER your MacMini would be with an Uptone Audio LPS power supply kit.....

That fact that the humble, $200 single-purpose Razberri/Allo-DigiOne music file player almost equals a (conservative price) $1200 MacMini tells one a lot about the audio performance level of a computer designed for Email, spreadsheets, photo-editing, web-browsing... etc.etc...

Of course, the truth about the performance level of file player products designed by folks who know about BOTH disciplines does not help you sell Apple products. Indeed, when people make distinctions when speaking about their Digital File Players, as having better (audio) performing I/O boards/hardware, - this doesn't help you sell Apple products.

All of this flies in the face of most everyone's else's experiences, - where (to their satisfaction) it's been proven that these little single purpose digital file players outperform multi-function ones.

"Asylums with doors open wide,
Where people had paid to see inside,
For entertainment they watch his body twist
Behind his eyes he says, 'I still exist.'"

Edits: 03/01/19

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.