Computer Audio Asylum

RE: Visited the webpage. What do they play? Thx! -nt

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ Computer Audio Asylum ]

This Post Has Been Edited by the Author

Abe, if you like classical music then I do suggest that you try the experimental FLAC service for the 19:30 (BST) concert. That'll be on around your lunchtime I guess. Live from the Royal Festival Hall and from regular experience the BBC can do a fantastic job on these ( there's a live concert every weekday evening, live from the Met on Saturday and a play on Sunday). Just let them settle down during the first item on the programme. After all they are mixing it all live as you listen. Also live concerts of chamber sized music each afternoon at 13:00 ( BST). The afternoon programmes up to drive time are also mainly composed of recordings of live concerts made either by the BBC or other classical music stations from around the globe.

I see today's (wednesday) afternoon has an American flavour with the daily choral evensong coming from Texas.

I hope you hear and enjoy. Only fly in the ointment may be that the BBC usually checks that the DNS of connections and denies hi-rez to those outside of the UK.

I am just hoping that they repeat the FLAC experiment for the Proms in the summer.

Follow Ups: