Computer Audio Asylum

RE: Ok

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ Computer Audio Asylum ]

This Post Has Been Edited by the Author

"Perhaps you didn't note where I previously observed that while the nominal requirement is 1A, the device itself consumes about half that.

: And perhaps you didn't note where I previously mentioned that it's about reasoning based on specifications as I stated before here.

'I do realize and for me it's not safe since it can't even power JCAT USB Card with a single USB hard drive from Seagate (it's already low powered drive among 2.5 HDD). That's my opinion like some people who don't think bypassing fuse is OK but some do. If microRendu states it requires 1A continuous current, it'll be 2A linear power supply in my book for safety reasons.'

And not to mention additional power consumption for micro SD and some USB audio chipset that may draw current significantly like 300-500mA for playing hires format with uRendu drawing 1A in total.

"It does back to your incomplete understanding about the device and its maker's year long vision working together with the uRendu."

: I've been testing USB DACs in market for over 5 years before releasing Nimitra and I'm sure I haven't tested enough yet. This starts to get offensive now and I don't appreciate that.

"You're welcome to argue the merits of your claim with John Swenson since that is his assertion."

: Your assertion is 'Sure, you could throw money away, but that would not be my choice.' I have nothing to argued with $15 switching AC>DC that works good enough for its price. I'm just letting you know you need to try harder. ;)

"At the expense of confusing the issue with facts, I don't have one nor have a ready plan to sell the HDPlex and replace it with the LPS-1.

Which returns to exactly where we started. I remain curious as to Steve's observations as to how the two compare.

Good day - I'm ready to listen to some music!"

: No wonder why you're so defensive on HDPlex. You're already using it. I see. I see. Here's my recommendation.

1. Purchase LPS-1 with energized supply
2. Configure HDPlex to send 7V output to LPS-1
3. Compare between HDPlex and energized supply
4. Sell HDPlex if you find no difference or prefer Energized supply
5. Consider Nikola as next upgrade path if you find HDPlex working better than Energized supply.

If you're looking for reviews about HDPlex and Nikola LPS, you can find one here.

http://www.audiostream.com/content/exasound-audio-design-e32-dac

exaSound e32 DAC Review has both HDPlex and Nikola in tests.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Edits: 03/17/17   03/17/17

Follow Ups: