Computer Audio Asylum

RE: Ok

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] Thread: [ Display  All  Email ] [ Computer Audio Asylum ]

This Post Has Been Edited by the Author

"Somehow I'm thinking that deliberately overheating a device beyond its design criteria is not a good idea."

: It'll overheat if you use 15V output transformer to regulate 7V. It won't overheat at all if you use 7V output transformer to regulate 7V and also sound much better too.

It's not the fault of raising transformer output power but fault in choosing improper output voltage. I can't see the reason why you should keep using way "overkill" and "least optimal" output voltage like that.

"Given it has 60 farads of storage, I don't share you concern."

: If device doesn't take more than 1A at all, that's OK. Capacitor bank design will work fine as long as device doesn't actually draw more than the limit.

"Perhaps I wasn't clear. Just to suggest such is unnecessary. We had a side topic going on about the possibility of at attached USB device drawing more current than the rendu is comfortable with, i.e. not burn itself up."

: I agree that wasn't clear and should be stated in other areas outside increasing transformer output power. Glad to see we're clear about this now.

"I'm thinking you don't understand how the two interact. The elegant design to which I previously referred is that the quality of energizer itself doesn't affect the resulting noise output by the supercaps feeding the device.

Sure, you could throw money away, but that would not be my choice."

: I'm thinking you don't understand at all about AC>DC and DC>DC approach for two step regulation. You made it sounds like all power cables will make no difference after using LPS-1 with energized supply. This is not true for my customer's case using LPS-1 for audio works.

Sure it's your choice and your belief and I respect. I hope you'll be happy with uRendu and LPS-1.

Regards,
Keetakawee

Edits: 03/17/17   03/17/17

Follow Ups: