Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Yep, that's you get the music from your computer....

As your intention was "to avoid the whole PC thing" it may now be dawning on you that, in fact, you cannot.

Going for an MQA DAC means that replay will have to be from the Tidal desktop player which will be on your computer. I am unsure as to how a streamer relates to this as they often have the software for streaming services built in (look for Tidal support in the streamer's spec.). However at this point I have not discovered whether or not this software on any streamer also supports MQA decoding. Tidal only talk about MQA in relation to the desktop player. Streamer MQA decoding may well not necessarily work as the initial MQA processing involves " heavy lifting" requiring the processing power it seems of a Mac or PC. Another question to ask I am afraid.

As for controlling the system from a phone or tablet this will depend upon the technical route that you take. I think that some solutions have been made clear in this thread but whereas using Roon or subscribing to Spotify makes things easy as they both have remote control facilities, it is not necessarily straighforward otherwise. I bow to the LMS solution and the experience of other inmates but I have found that other suggestions that I have tried for remote control e.g. VNC simply do not work well in practice with some combinations of device and service. I am also unsure about LMS with data rates in excess of 24/96 ( another question) though whether that is considered significant I will leave to you.

Edits: 08/08/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Yep, that's you get the music from your computer.... - PAR 14:08:59 08/06/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.