Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Streaming audio newbie in need of help

Been an audiophile for years, but haven't made the move from CD player to PC audio. The truth is, every time I think about it, I throw my hands in the air, as there are far too many forks in the road, plus the idea of having a computer in my audio room, and tinkering around with software and hardware issues was enough to steer me clear. Add to that, I'm completely content with the sound of my tubed Ayon CD player. Lately though I've been drawn to the idea of steaming audio via Tidal, and skipping the whole PC thing. What I'm not sure of, is the best way to accomplish this. My iMac and modem/router are upstairs, and the audio room in the basement. First off, is it better to connect wirelessly, using a wireless DAC, or use an Ethernet cable? Secondly, do I still need a laptop or computer in the audio room, or can I use the iMac upstairs, and then control everything with a tablet of smartphone from the audio room? Need a simple flow chart of the necessary equipment to steam audio via Tidal from the computer room upstairs, to the audio room in the basement.
------------------------------------------------------------

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Topic - Streaming audio newbie in need of help - gme109 19:12:12 08/05/17 (11)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.