Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

One thing I've noticed in transferring CD's to iTunes. . .

. . . you'll have a double CD set, and disc 1 will have the info entered in a certain way, while disc 2 (from the same set!) will have a completely different way of entering the data - as if two different people entered the data, using multiple standards. I even find that my own entries are inconsistent, as I've changed changed (or forgotten!) my methodolgies over the years.

Maybe I'm a bit defensive about the iTunes database capabilities: yes, it does have its restrictions (notably, it doesn't deal with the FLAC format, or with multi-channel), but I wouldn't say that makes it "a boy purporting to do a man's work" - but whatever. I definitely can't use it for my multichannel files, so I do need to find something else for these files at some point.

Regarding the tagging fields, you're recommending only two (composition and subgenre)? What about composer, or artist (performer)? And as Kal's and Old Listener's examples show, there must be a field for album or booklet cover too - I've gotta have the album cover field! ;-)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.