Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

15years as of the 23rd

All,

Cosecant v1 prototype fired up 23rd of July 15 years ago. I was using a MacBook with an 80G Firewire powered spinning hard drive. My library is still named IT80? Has I think around 4T of music, though I have a backup Promise Thunderbolt that is almost full with 12T.

I have a friend who is a CTO of a large company was doing this before me on a custom built PC with Windows and a PCI audio card. I think Bret said he started in 1998.

The real funny thing was in 1995 I was asked to start a company to do Windows Audio. I really must have lacked vision. There were a couple investors an engineer (big wig at VMware) and me. They wanted me to hire a bunch of people, create a PC based board for playback and work with a software group to create a complete product that would rip, store and playback.

I had just received Product of the Year from TAS and two Class A rated products from Stereophile and thought my direction in SET Amps was set.

I guess the moral of the story is that you should always change your model to fit what the customer base is looking for.

Thanks,
Gordon

Thanks,
Gordon
J. Gordon Rankin

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.