So I had an older version of iPeng on my iPad that I never use and just upgraded to iPeng 9.3 along with the in-App Player purchase.
I am now able to use the iPad as a portable Roon end-point via iPeng and not just as a Roon remote. This is kind of cool. I can take the iPad anywhere around the house and stream music from my Roon server through the iPad via Wifi.
- Enable Squeezebox support in Roon on the Roon server, a Mac Mini in my case.
- Launch iPeng 9.3 on the iPad.
- Configure then Enable Squeezebox [iPad iPeng] as the audio zone in Roon on the Roon server.
- iPeng on the iPad allows you to switch to the Roon App interface on the iPad so your interaction is now within the Roon App, not iPeng. Do it and the iPad becomes a Roon end-point with the powerful Roon interface.
This is kind of cool because I can not only stream my local content from my Mac Mini Roon server but also Tidal and control it all with a Roon interface on the iPad while it plays on the iPad.
Next step is powered speakers on the iPad, maybe via bluetooth but I prefer direct connect.
No need for a Pi here. Not that I have anything against a Pi end point but I now have a totally portable Roon end-point with rich graphical Roon interface that I can carry anywhere around the house, garage, backyard. ;-)
Streaming Tidal via Roon via iPeng 9.3 on iPad end point. Here I'm playing a Tidal curated 1977 Playlist. This tune just happens to be MQA encoded.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - iPad as Roon end-point via iPeng 9.3 + Player - AbeCollins 22:59:08 07/12/17 (6)
- Question - tlea 20:01:24 07/14/17 (1)
- RE: Question - AbeCollins 21:15:56 07/14/17 (0)
- RE: iPad as Roon end-point via iPeng 9.3 + Player - krustykat 09:02:36 07/14/17 (0)
- iPeng is a great app for LMS! - E-Stat 10:25:01 07/13/17 (0)
- RE: iPad as Roon end-point via iPeng 9.3 + Player - soundchekk 00:10:50 07/13/17 (1)
- RE: iPad as Roon end-point via iPeng 9.3 + Player - AbeCollins 11:12:00 07/13/17 (0)