Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Roon ready

I am a consumer, not a developer and do not claim to be an expert. That said, I am a lifetime subscriber to Roon and have been following its development since inception.

"Roon Ready" means the device (DAC or whatever) has an ethernet input and can function as an "endpoint" (player) for Roon without being attached to a computer. There aren't may of those yet: PS Audio, Auralic, Sonore, and SOtM are the early adopters. But iit's not a limitation - if you have a computer on the LAN running Roon, any device connected to that computer shows up as an endpoint. I have Roon running on a 2012 MacMini with a CI Audio Transporter connected by USB to the computer with analog output to my Ayon tube integrated amp. The CI Audio unit shows up in Roon as an endpopint by name, and the interface is seamless and sounds beauutiful.

I'm sure there will be others who jump on the bandwagon soon, but right now Roon is a harbinger of the future for consumers.who want better quality than mp3.

. . . in theory, practice and theory are the same; in practice, they are different . . .

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Bastanis  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.