In Reply to: That's a lot of little boxes! posted by E-Stat on June 8, 2017 at 18:13:03:
1) Moode via Digi+ optical - I use this one the least, mostly just to explore Moode and similar players. I haven't gone so far as to connect Moode to the main music folder on my desktop PC but have used a memory stick with good results. I like the accessibility to internet radio that Moode gives - It's the only way I have found to get the 16/48 Czech classical station to my main system (others say Logitech Media Server (LMS) can do it but I haven't been able to). I've never had a problem doing 24/192 via optical using the Digi+. I could see this Pi, running PiCorePlayer (PCP) replacing a Squeezebox (SB) Duet in my home theater room so I can send high rez to this system someday.
2) PiCorePLayer via Digi+ Pro coax - This box replaced my SB Touch by running PiCorePlayer on it. (LMS is run on my main desktop PC) What a great program, I really like it. The ability to tailor the sound based on the degree of linear to minimum phase behavior you want is just peachy. Why there is almost no discussion of this on the web I have no idea. I have been using LMS for a while and feed numerous SBTouches and SBDuets and SBRadios so moving to PCP was easy. One could easily set up a whole house distribution with LMS with PCP running on Pis...way cool.I think this box, via coax SPDF, sounds very very good.
3) HQ Player NAA - Simply using this Pi as an HQPlayer NAA. Often upsampling to DSD256. Hoping to do 512 into a Singxer SU-1 then I2S to my DAC but not sure if an NAA Pi can do this. Might have to look at a NUC. I have a Wyred Recovery on the USB path, but still find myself thinking that the USB from the Pi isn't quite up the the SDPDF I get from the Digi+ Pro. Hence the SU-1/I2S route...
All of these Pis go into the Gustard A20H, then CAT SL-1 pre You also see a pic of the excellent Digital Amp Company Maraschino Monos, Great amps.
Lots of fun.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Show your Pi case(s)! - E-Stat 12:50:48 06/07/17 (38)
- RE: Show your Pi case(s)! - firstname.lastname@example.org 11:28:14 06/11/17 (1)
- Amazon - E-Stat 12:21:40 06/11/17 (0)
- RE: Show your Pi case(s)! - bullethead 06:24:20 06/08/17 (1)
- Acrylic cases - E-Stat 07:14:45 06/08/17 (0)
- RE: Show your Pi case(s)! - Dynobot 19:27:07 06/07/17 (13)
- RE: Show your Pi case(s)! - E-Stat 05:37:51 06/08/17 (12)
- RE: Show your Pi case(s)! - Dynobot 06:40:21 06/08/17 (11)
- Thanks - E-Stat 07:12:39 06/08/17 (10)
- RE: Thanks - Dynobot 07:31:39 06/08/17 (9)
- Ok - E-Stat 07:47:15 06/08/17 (8)
- RE: Ok - Dynobot 08:09:57 06/08/17 (7)
- RE: Ok - mfsoa 17:25:29 06/08/17 (6)
- That's sure purty. - MikeCh 16:44:55 06/07/17 (8)
- Such might be important if - E-Stat 17:06:23 06/07/17 (7)
- RE: Such might be important if - MikeCh 18:29:34 06/07/17 (6)
- RE: Such might be important if - E-Stat 18:41:57 06/07/17 (5)
- RE: Such might be important if - MikeCh 18:49:16 06/07/17 (4)
- RE: Such might be important if - E-Stat 05:29:04 06/08/17 (0)
- Certaily is if you are trying to get the two componenets in the same photograph.... - Ivan303 21:22:31 06/07/17 (2)
- RE: Certaily is if you are trying to get the two componenets in the same photograph.... - MikeCh 01:24:11 06/08/17 (0)
- Or maybe even three components!! - AbeCollins 23:07:57 06/07/17 (0)
- I'll Play................... - Cut-Throat 13:02:41 06/07/17 (10)
- Is that the Welborne to the right? -nt - E-Stat 13:48:52 06/07/17 (7)
- Yes... 45 Starchief ........ Right before Welborne 'blew up'.... -nt - Cut-Throat 13:50:42 06/07/17 (6)
- Oops! - E-Stat 14:52:31 06/07/17 (5)
- I'm talking about the Company, not my Amp ................. - Cut-Throat 15:05:49 06/07/17 (4)
- RE: I'll Play................... - double28 13:16:06 06/07/17 (1)
- RE: I'll Play................... - Cut-Throat 13:23:40 06/07/17 (0)