Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Roon Ready?

I have been following Roon since the beginning, and I am pretty sure your breakdown is on the money. Thanks for such a clear and well crafted outline of the system.

(You might find it amusing that Bob Stuart of Meridian, from which the Roon guys came from, thought their idea was junk, and they decided to go their separate ways. As you know, they have been amazingly successful in getting hardware manufacturers on board. Another fantastic business decision by the "brilliant" folks at Meridian)

So if I understood the last part correctly, instead of needing a stand alone streamer (Bryston, Sonore, ELAC, Lumin, Auralic) with the Roon protocol built in, which you then have to output to a DAC, you can bypass the streamer, and use an Ethernet connected DAC that has the Roon app running at the port.. Rather clever.

You are listed as a Roon partner on this page, may I ask does your new digital hub, or any other component run Roon?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.