Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: I ended up with a Meridian Explorer 2....

Your welcome, glad you found a use for it, I didn't need it since I cancelled a Tidal a few months ago. Glad it found a good home. I thought the Meridian sounded ok, I could definitely hear a difference with MQA as well. It is a nice unit.

I only see a few mid level DACs that support MQA now, such as the Mytek, I think that's how it is spelled.

There is the expensive Meridian Ultra DAC that is supposed to be a reference, over $10,000 I think,

Reason I gave up so quick was my budget for DACs is about $3k, and the options weren't there and I don't have patience to wait for more Tidal releases from other labels, plus playing Black Sabbath, the Doors and Bjork over and over again didn't justify a jump into the MQA bandwagon right now, well at least a few months ago during that early adopter experiment.

We will see how it takes off, it does sound good. With the right DAC I would definitely say excellent, content is king however.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.