In Reply to: RE: Do you remember who opined that? posted by soundchekk on May 29, 2017 at 00:01:59:
My Ankers sound much better than my Easy Accs
No idea why but I found the same. When I first tried an EasyAcc as a replacement PS for various devices, I quickly reverted to the linear PS but, when I later tried an Anker PowerCore 20100, I found that it sounds significantly better than even a decent C-L-C linear PS.
And then the regulator in a pre-DC stage is IMO of minor concern first of all. That's why I e.g. consider an LPS-1 nonsense.
I'm not sure what you mean by "the regulator in a pre-DC stage" but I am sure that it's nonsense to dismiss (yet again) a device you haven't tried or, I suspect, even seen.
I haven't tried the LPS-1 or the Anker on a RPi but I have compared them on several other devices, inc clocking and supposedly PS-immune isolation circuits. If there's one thing here that I am sure of, it's that there really is no comparasion between the two. It's fair to argue that the LPS-1 is too expensive for you to justify its use in your system but, honestly, if your RPi boxes don't sound better when driven by one rather than the likes of an Anker charger, something is amiss.
If you're concerned about HF interference put a ferrite bead on the DC line and keep the cable short.
Better than nothing I suppose but it's neither hard nor expensive to improve on that. See e.g. recent discussions of quad-core cables.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Rpi PS: Not what I expected - triodesteve 10:06:13 05/26/17 (16)
- RE: Rpi PS: Not what I expected - gordguide 07:31:24 05/30/17 (0)
- RE: Rpi PS: Not what I expected - fmak 08:09:51 05/28/17 (3)
- RE: Rpi PS: Not what I expected - triodesteve 08:14:26 05/28/17 (2)
- IMO - jedrider 09:34:42 05/27/17 (0)
- Do you remember who opined that? - E-Stat 10:30:11 05/26/17 (9)
- RE: Do you remember who opined that? - triodesteve 12:56:07 05/26/17 (8)
- RE: Do you remember who opined that? - soundchekk 00:01:59 05/29/17 (5)
- RE: Do you remember who opined that? - triodesteve 19:14:01 05/30/17 (0)
- RE: Do you remember who opined that? - triodesteve 12:53:22 05/29/17 (0)
- RE: Do you remember who opined that? - Ryelands 06:38:20 05/29/17 (2)
- RE: Do you remember who opined that? - AbeCollins 13:47:37 05/27/17 (0)
- My evaluation - E-Stat 13:30:02 05/26/17 (0)