Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: I found the MQA thing on TIDAL a bit better but little or no classical....

Qobuz have informed me, in English, that they have a fault with Sublime+ sample tracks in that they " shows only 24/44 while actually it plays 24/44 > 24/88 > 24/96."

However my DAC's display ( more accurately my master clock input display - this also being the USB receiver) and my sample rate converter (which the clock feeds) both show the input from Qobuz as 16 , not 24 bit ( frequency on all boxes shows as 44.1 - I use the sample rate converter to pad 16 to 24 bits by default).

I have a 24/96 download of the Les Siecles Daphnis & Chloe and this sounds superior if compared to the Sublime+ stream sample.

So, what is going on? Qobuz promise me some kind of fix but right now I am sceptical of what is going on as they seem only concerned about sample frequency display and have so far ignored my report about displayed word depth being incompatible with their claim.

Unfortunately most of the other samples are of current pop type music so I have no abilty to pass comment on SQ. In my ignorance the couple I have tried sound good (?) but still show as 16/44.1.

Just in case it is thought that this may be a bi-product of the Windows 10 sound engine, I am running WASAPI sessions with Qobuz. Could it be that the Qobuz option of a WASAPI session is actually not functioning correctly in which case my setting of Win 10 to 16/44.1 would explain it? On the other hand if I set Win 10 sound to any other frequency then it will upsample the input. So then I would still be unable to work out what Qobuz are sending.

At this point in time they are not getting my 350 quid.

EDIT: I have now tried the Sublime + sample of Dapnis on my Samsung phone/AQ Dragonfly Red. It seems to confirm that I am getting 24/96. Both the display says this and the Dragonfly is lighting up in the correct colour for 96kS/s.

So my problem is with the desktop.

Oh, remember to set your personal setting in your account to <24/96 and not plain FLAC.

Edits: 05/26/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: I found the MQA thing on TIDAL a bit better but little or no classical.... - PAR 02:54:19 05/26/17 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.