Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Still have at least 4,000 classical LPs lining the walls...

Don't play them much, even though we have TWO TTs, one on either side of a small-by-today's-standard TV.

Mostly stream classical from TIDAL and QOBUZ but have about 1,000 or more CDs to figure out how to rip and store.

I think people make a big mistake thinking lossless FLAC streaming is somehow sub-standard listening. Every improvement I make in either of my systems seems to improve the sound of lossless FLAC streaming, either QOBUZ or TIDAL. In fact, I am coming to the conclusion that, in some cases it may depend more on the CD player being used as to whether there is any difference at all between the original CD and a Lossless FLAC stream.

I'm pretty certain my current computer playback of a ripped CD sounds better than the same CD played on a decent Marantz silver disk spinner (DV-9600) outputted to the same DAC for playback.

OK, I really don't know that with any certainty as I am yet to purchase Ms. Krall's latest offering so as to do a proper comparison. :-)

First they came for the dumb-asses
And I did not speak out
Because I was not a dumb-ass

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Still have at least 4,000 classical LPs lining the walls... - Ivan303 08:23:53 05/23/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.