Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Yes, everything is a computer, even my refrigerator......

To be more precise, I should have said "where I do most of my other computing tasks."

But the advantages of a NAS are Huge. Maybe not, if you are not a 'Power User' however.

But for me. (And I also have an i7 Processor that is smaller than a Textbook. - Which actually does sit on my desktop!)

1.) I am not listening to my Power supply Fans or other Case Fans in my Den any longer. I don't have to listen to to the high pitched Whine of a hard drive either.

2.) If you are running Windows like I am, your computer is not on 'All the time' as Windows is constantly giving me updates and re-starting my Machine. I have Multiple users on it and LMS only gets started when I log onto the computer, even though it has been re-started. Also Sometimes I run some Rogue Software that Hangs and Freezes my Machine or goes into a loop and a re-start is required.

3.) I also don't like Streaming from a PC for the same reasons. I prefer a streamer such as an RPi.

4.) My NAS has a RAID system.

5.) Sharing Files is a Breeze, even remotely from anywhere in the World.

6.) My NAS also has excellent Backup Software that runs by itself to 2 other separate drives. All located in the back room of my basement, where I don't have to listen to them.

Maybe a NAS is not for you, but that does not mean they are not extremely useful for others. Especially 'Power Users' that are doing many different things with their computers.

Edits: 05/16/17 05/16/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.