Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Figured it out and it's fixed. It's working properly as it should....

I'll give No Prisoners another try later.

I've been enjoying some of the playlists that Tidal creates. The one I ran into yesterday had every #1 hit from my birth year to 2016. I've also enjoyed some of the year-specific playlists like 1977 which was the year I graduated high school.

I was also able to import some Tidal albums into my Roon library integrating the two, instead of having to switch between Tidal and my local library on disk within Roon. The Tidal albums that now show up in my Roon library don't actually take up disk space and they appear with a small Tidal logo on the album cover to help distinguish them from the local albums that I own.

I know that other streaming services allow you to download tunes to your portable player - iPhone/iPod Touch/Android- for a period of time for offline playback. I'll have to explore that capability with Tidal. Hopefully the downloads are their "Hifi" quality files (16/44.1) or better. It wasn't worth the trouble downloading from the other streaming services as those would be low-res lossy compressed music.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Figured it out and it's fixed. It's working properly as it should.... - AbeCollins 05:49:53 05/13/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.