Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Figured it out and it's fixed. It's working properly as it should....

" See my post to Jeff Starr. I'm seeing 24/48KHz for Tidal Masters that are not being decoded. I see 16/44.1 on their HiFi streams (non-Masters). This is correct."

Sorry Abe but as I understand things that is not correct if Bob Stuart's comments about the effect of playing MQA files without decoding is truthful.

Bob Stuart says that if you play an MQA encoded file but do not decode it then it will be the same as ordinary files in the same medium except with the advantage of "deblurring". Therefore the undecoded Master files should be the same as other files offered by Tidal i.e. 16/44.1. MQA have never AFAIK said that undecoded MQA files would have a different data rate. If they did it would make undecoded MQA incompatible with numerous audio replay systems. A major part of their pitch is that is is supposed to be backward compatible with CD standard systems.

Of course I am not saying that what you are seeing is necessarily technically wrong merely that if it is correct then the MQA strategy is blown out of the water.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.