Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: So I now have Tidal integrated with Roon

Yes, my guess is that you aren't decoding it. Since I wrote Jeff Starr seems to have come up with useful stuff on this aspect.

As for the 24/48Khz, then if you are not decoding I would guess that what you are seeing may not be what Tidal are sending you which should give a 16/44.1 readout as per normal streamed tracks. Were you not seeing 16/44.1 for other tracks I would have thought that it was just the data rate output by the computer's processor. That is unless Tidal give you the option of kernel streaming or other bit perfect feed to the DAC (as does Qobuz). If you are a Mac user then this may not be the case as I know nothing about Apple products. If a Windows user then it is quite likely as their sound engine processes the sample rate unless output is set to equal the (known) input.

If we have eliminated MQA decoding and tracks are definitely undecoded then there may be some aspect to the datastream that is causing an abberation in the DAC's data rate readout. I know that I have seen some very odd figures on my dCS' display when interconnects have not been correctly seated.

Perhaps an experienced Tidal Master/MQA user could add some advice as what undecoded Master tracks appear as ( I am thinking of ahendler in particular)?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.