Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

So I now have Tidal integrated with Roon

I'm enjoying how easy it is to switch between my local Library and Tidal within Roon.... and how Roon allows me to rapidly scroll through huge numbers of albums in Tidal 'visually' as I do with my local Library.

I'm also taking full advantage of Roon App on the iPad as a 'visual remote control' to control Tidal playback on my Mac Mini from across the office, or via my microRendu streamer down in the basement.

I chose just Masters so it was fun scrolling though all the albums that are considered to be Masters. With the signal path feature in Roon I can 'see' if Tidal is in fact playing a Master as they show up as 48KHz 24-bit FLAC while non-Masters appear to be 44.1KHz 16-bit. Of course, the display on my DAC is also a dead give away as it displays 44.1 or 48.0.

Here's a 'trick' I hope to set up but I'm not sure if it's supported. If Roon will allow me to create a playlist that contains a combination of local files and Tidal selections, I want to load the playlist up with a number of identical albums - albums from my local files vs Tidal streamed albums - and then easily switch between tracks from each 'side by side' so to speak to compare sound quality. I've done some comparing but it involved manual navigation between a local album vs a Tidal streamed album. I want to make it easier to do the comparisons possibly within a playlist.

So far, I like navigating Tidal via Roon but some of that might be due to my inexperience with the Tidal player.

Edits: 05/11/17 05/11/17 05/11/17 05/11/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.