Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Raspberry Pi Experiences

As a relatively new user, I have been following these posts and threads with great interest. Reading about all the tweaks and twerks is interesting, but the only one I added to my RPi 3B with HiFiBerry digi+ is a linear power supply from Jameco. I am using piCorePlayer audio 3.11, and streaming files wirelessly from my desktop computer.

Last night, whilst listening to a CD-quality download of Vasily Petrenko/RLPO of various Rachmaninoff works (Symphonic Dances, Isle of the Dead, The Rock), I was completely blown away by the amazing SQ. It was far better than anything else I have listened to with this gear, and comparable to my best quality SACDs.

The experience underscores what I have known all along. No matter the bits and rates of audio files (even 24/19.2 and beyond), if the recording or remastering is crap, that's what will come out at the other end, no matter what sound system is being used. And that goes for CDs and SACDs as well.

So in a sense I feel vindicated for eschewing the tweaks, since most of them are beyond my capabilities anyhow.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Topic - Raspberry Pi Experiences - merlinus 09:41:33 05/10/17 (6)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.