Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

We used to call it...

the engineers "taking investors off into the 'deep weeds'."

Not where you want your customers or investors to be.

Granted, when attempting to raise money, sales experience is probably more important than technical knowledge. But not for the reasons you might suspect.

Most people's experience with sales people are negative for a reason. Most sales people are BAD sales people. A mere 10% to 20% of most sales forces are responsible for more than half of all sales for most companies.

That means 80% to 90% of all sales people are not very good.

The most important skill required when dealing with investors is 'listening'. Investors have money to invest for a reason. They have been successful in their chosen field and have made a lot of it. They think they know a thing or two and they do. You will have little or no chance of pumping sand up their behinds.

But if you listen carefully, successful people will share enough of their thoughts for you to position your product/investment opportunity in a way that makes for an attractive investment.

As far as selling, the words of the late Zigg Zigler ring true to this day:

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want."

First they came for the dumb-asses
And I did not speak out
Because I was not a dumb-ass

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.