Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Whatever happened to MQA? It's still here

What is really funny about this post is that of the 5 or so Blu-rays that I own, Jeff Beck Live at Ronnie Scott's is one of them! A friend tells me that not only does Eric Clapton play on it, Jimmy Page is the guy that walks in at the back.

When I got the Oppo I thought it sounded better than my Monica tube dac, so I sold that. But overall I was only satisfied for a while before they all just sounded grating. It's a shame I don't have USB output from the Oppo, I would try it with my Dragonfly. I guess I could put the CDs on a hard drive and listen through the macbook and the DFB.

I'm not sure I agree that true hi-rez will be superior to MQA. There are still questions about just what MQA is. Maybe there is something to the "time domain" processing it does that corrects something that was always wrong to my ears about CD, and makes most hi-rez hard to listen to for long periods. It sounds good when you turn it on but listening fatigue always sets in, at least for me.

Edits: 05/06/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.