Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Really basic question about downloading cds onto computer.

OK.. here's the scenario.
Up until now I've been listening to my high end headphone system via a cd player, connected to a very good headphone amp.
I'm living away from home right now so I've been borrowing cd's from the local library that has a huge collection, and I would like to be able to download many of those cd's onto a computer to be able to have them permanently and for the simplicity of it. Unfortunately my computer is a Chromebook which has no capacity for storing and playing back cd's.
So... I don't really want to buy another computer, though I will if I have to, and am wondering if there is a kind of item that is used only to record and playback cd's? Probably there isn't. But can anyone recommend to me a fairly inexpensive option for my needs? Of course, sonic quality is of the utmost importance. Many thanks in advance......

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Topic - Really basic question about downloading cds onto computer. - lesleymorley@yahoo.com 14:04:54 05/06/17 (16)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.