Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

About Roon with Tidal ??

You make an interesting point about Roon that I hadn't really thought of. For those of us who do have a vast music collection on disk I like Roon's metadata and how it allows me to manage my library, playlists, manage audio devices (local and end-points), DSP, manage playback locally or via iPad tablet, automated database backup, etc.

But now throw Tidal or other streaming services into the mix and what do you have? Is Roon just a sophisticated 'front-end' for managing music from the streaming service? And is it worth it?

I'm not completely clear on this as I don't have a Tidal subscription. Does Roon offer any 'value-add' for Tidal? If you don't run Roon with Tidal what does it look like? In other words how is it managed and is it clunky, comparable, or just passable?

P.S. I don't care about Classical. I know that many 'players' have issues with handling metadata for Classical but my Classical collection (if you can call it that) can be counted on one hand. Thx!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.