Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: As usual, you missed the point again.....

I didn't have to read posts by UpTone to arrive at the same conclusion.... but thanks for posting comments that support what I determined through my own research.... and already posted in this thread.

The single-chip solution that simplified the implementation of a silicon barrier based USB galvanic isolator was not available when UpTone released the first REGEN. I already stated that in this thread. It wasn't available when Intona created their USB isolator years prior.

Intona created a silicon barrier USB isolator years prior through a lot of their own R&D and by using more components. The 'chip' Intona used wasn't much more than the silicon barrier itself. They had to create and program their own supporting logic (via Xilinx FPGAs) for USB protocol conversion then reconstruction back to USB. The new chip that UpTone uses has all of this capability built-in.

But the resulting concept is the same... USB galvanic isolation over a silicon barrier. Now that the single-chip device is on the market, we will see more of these USB isolators as they are easier to implement.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.