Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Have you tried you 'fancy' power supply on your Pi?

>Can you power both the DAC and the Pi with the SAME 5V output of the 'fancy' 5V supply?
That I don't know...I would need a splitter of some sort. As you probably saw on their very lean website, they make a version with more oomph for the Pi.

>Do you like that supply?
Not for powering the Pi....that was never the intended purpose for me. While I wait on the Teradak LPS, I did pop it in to power the Pi....seemed kind of boring, but I would be lying if I gave it a long listen. Usually if it doesn't do anything for me at first, I move on....but see below.

>I need a good 5V supply for my Pi and was considering it but can you leave it plugged into the 9V PS all of the time, even when using it?
You can leave it plugged in all the time, but as soon as you switch it to charge your Pi will turn off. I'm not crazy about that.

>What does the 'USB in do?
Aha, good question. I don't know. Because how could you know from looking at their website? They say it isolates the dirty usb. They don't really say how. But it works, and it works with my Pi and Roon. Music sounds more natural for lack of audiophile approved language. I like. Using it as pure battery dc with the Elijah cable is better, but if it doesn't end up working this isn't too shabby. Wish I knew how it worked.

>Can you run from USB out of a computer and then out to a DAC and have it 'replace' the computer 5V with a 'clean' 5V?
I'm not sure I understand your question. It was designed to go computer usb>MP power supply> usb input of dac.
If you are asking if it will power a dac, I would say probably, but I don't have a dac that takes its power from usb so I can't tell you for certain.

It does have an awful bright blue led on its face....ugh. Who thinks those are a good idea.
I'm happy to report back when the Teradak shows up...probably next week.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Have you tried you 'fancy' power supply on your Pi? - triodesteve 08:12:50 05/04/17 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.