Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Ethernet to optical isolation converter questions. Help please

Hi,
If you're thinking that you should get the NAS away from the audio system, those were my thoughts as well. Mine has a 12v 4a wall-wort SMPS, and I'm about ready to get a LPS from Ebay even though it's in a different room. I have replaced every SMPS near or on the audio rack with a LPS, (that I could).

Fiber

IME, this made an improvement in the SQ of the system. It was a noticeable, but not dramatic improvement, well worth the investment, considering that i may have bought a more expensive, 30+ ft CAT 7 or 8 cable. Now I have two TP-Link MC200cm's, 30ft of fiber, and 2 X 1ft CAT 7 Ethernet cables with RJ45 connectors. I didn't even bother taking the 9v SMPSs out of the box as Jameco makes wall-wort style LPSs for $12ea that work great. I had borrowed an iFI $50 SMPS for the receiver, and the Jameco didn't sound any worse.

Total investment was just over $150. I did get a "deal" on the TP-Links at Amazon for $39ea.

Feel free to get in touch via email for more details if you're so inclined.

"Asylums with doors open wide,
Where people had paid to see inside,
For entertainment they watch his body twist
Behind his eyes he says, 'I still exist.'"

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Ethernet to optical isolation converter questions. Help please - Sordidman 08:22:21 04/25/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.