In Reply to: found my answer posted by bullethead on April 19, 2017 at 20:55:05:
iTunes will not play FLAC but there are converters that will convert FLAC to AIFF or ALAC (which iTunes will handle). XLD comes to mind and works via a GUI or command line. I haven't used it in years. You can batch convert but be careful... experiment first with source and destination directories, and keep a copy of your originals totally separate in a safe place while experimenting.
I played with HQPlayer but hated the library management interface. It was clunky IMHO. HQPlayer can also be a CPU hog depending on the upsampling you choose.
I played with BitPerfect a few years ago and it locked up intermittently so I figured it wasn't ready for prime time. I haven't played with it since but I would expect that it has been fixed by now. Maybe iTunes + BitPerfect, assuming you batch convert your FLACs.
Edits: 04/19/17This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - wiped out my Macbook, any applications like Audirvana to check out? - bullethead 20:28:33 04/19/17 (18)
- Also check out VLC Media Player - it's free - Chris from Lafayette 23:04:01 04/19/17 (2)
- RE: " VLC Media Player "... - Ivan303 08:34:38 04/20/17 (1)
- I totally agree (including video!! [nt] ;-) - Chris from Lafayette 09:18:29 04/20/17 (0)
- Best sounding application I've heard on a Mac Mini... - Ivan303 20:42:47 04/19/17 (14)
- RE: Best sounding application I've heard on a Mac Mini... - Frihed89 11:55:37 04/20/17 (1)
- Gordon Rankin? Now I gotta find something else! - Ivan303 18:00:31 04/20/17 (0)
- RE: Best sounding application I've heard on a Mac Mini... - weedeewop 08:22:45 04/20/17 (1)
- You are in good company... - Ivan303 08:47:16 04/20/17 (0)
- RE: Best sounding application I've heard on a Mac Mini... - bullethead 20:46:38 04/19/17 (9)
- Maybe not but how would I know? :-) - Ivan303 20:58:00 04/19/17 (3)
- RE: Maybe not but how would I know? :-) - bullethead 21:07:45 04/19/17 (2)
- RE: "When I surf the web I'm on a Chromebook Pixel" - Ivan303 06:24:44 04/20/17 (1)
- lol! yep - bullethead 06:59:44 04/20/17 (0)
- found my answer - bullethead 20:55:05 04/19/17 (4)