Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: You set out to fail, and you suceeded at it !...............nt

How is the program erroring out when I tried to install the file system that it told me I had to install to get access to my files over the network my fault? I am using the newest non beta version available. Talk about blame the victim mentality!

I was not setting out to fail at anything. I had an honest noob experience. I wanted to find out if Pi Core would be as easy to set up, use, and sound as good as the MPDs. I was even willing to accept a few hizzards along the way, but what I got was nowhere. I asked for help, albeit maybe maybe not in the most diplomatic way, but the mentality regarding this software is that it is easier to use and performs better than MPDs. When I demonstrated that not to be the case everyone blamed me. I'm not biased here. I just want something that works and sounds good. That's all.

MPD(Volumio, Moode, and Rune)

Write image to card. Boot up, enable i2s, select my DAC, add a network share, wait a few minutes for the program to scan my music library, disable HDMI, Bluetooth, and WIFI, restart, and start listening to music.
Total time invested about 10 minutes.

Pi Core

Write image to card, boot up, expand file system, install LMS, attempt to add my network share except button is grayed out until I add additional file system support, attempt to add it, fails, reboot, try several more times, no go. Not listen to music.
Total time invested about an hour.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.