Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Ditto here

My setup was broken into two pieces because I realized a bit late that I needed a plug adapter for the power supply. And I did have to install a new piece of software (Etcher) to burn the micro SD card. Once powered up, configuring PcP, however, was a snap. I plugged it into my router, used a browser to access the menu, configured WiFi and set the buffer parameter as Soundchek advised. Unit worked immediately.

I later configured the HDMI blanking parameter which might have taken another five minutes since I had to remove the SD card, put it into a carrier and edit the file from my desktop.

Greatest amount of time spent with new RPi? Building the case! It is a layered affair with only a small diagram of how the layers go together. Each acrylic layer had protective film on either side so those had to be peeled away first. And the side opening was intended for a single RCA jack whereas my HiFi Berry Digital+ also has an optical output jack which required a bit of trimming and sanding the edges of a couple of layers. That took an hour. One nice part about the case is that it came with heat sinks for the three main chips and has openings for wall mounting. That is how I use mine in the garage closet setting.

Admittedly, I've been using LMS on my desktop server for years so it was already in place. As for phone apps, I continue to be happy with iPeng running on two pads and a phone. The app is not only a remote control, but can also be used as player. Sometimes, I listen at night in my bedroom with a pad via Shure SE535 IEMs.

I couldn't be happier with the results. And continue to be grateful for helpful suggestions from inmates here for what I needed to buy and how to optimize a couple of settings.

Edits: 03/30/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Ditto here - E-Stat 06:03:02 03/30/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.