Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Probably a setup issue

I do leave the Mac on 24/7 but, often I can't get Roon to run -- I hit "play" and nothing happens. So, I have to re-boot the Mac to get Roon to run again.

I'm running the PS Audio DirectStream.

The "not staying attached" -- In "System Preferences" under "Sound" there are three choices for output -- one is my TV one is "internal" and the third is the PS Audio DirectStream. When the DirectStream is highlighted the system plays are full volume. When it is not selected the system still plays but it is at a much lower volume. The Mac keeps changing away from the DirectStream while music is playing -- meaning that often between songs the sound will drop. Once it has switched away from the DirectStream it is impossible to get it back to that selection.

The issue got worse recently when I switched USB cables. The new cable is a very high end Synergistic Research cable and I have no idea if it is part of the issue...

I may have an issue with the set-up but, both the HQPlayer and Roon Volume controls are off.

If I can get this working I'll definitely look into some SSD.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.