Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Wonderful Review As Always Mercman.

I'm gonna sit back and merely wait until years end before committing to anything, basically out of fear that if I spent more then needed, would prove foolish.

That's going to be a long wait. If you think about it, this hobby is foolish and there is no committing involved unless you blow your life savings on something. It's just a merry go round of new stuff to buy which is exactly what the reviewers and manufacturers want you to believe. ;-)

So why wait to buy a streamer? There are several excellent ones available for well under a grand. mRendu $640, SOtm sMS-200 $450, or a DIY Pi at $100 or so. It's not like you're blowing your wad on a $17,500 Aurender which would be a long term commitment for most budgets.

Like PCs, tablets, and anything electronic, there will always be a newer, better, and cheaper streamer hitting the market. At some point you just have to pull the trigger, jump in, and start enjoying.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.