Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Lucky to have the whole house wired in Cat-5...

Haven't done any serious programing since the mid 80's and after that was lucky to have lots smart folks around after so I didn't have to do much more than point at problems and wait for the smart guys to do something about them.

No programming per se involved although there are numerous kernel parameters that can be tuned. Two that Soundchekk recommended involve increasing the buffer size (which can be done using the PiCorePlayer interface) and turning off the HDMI output if you plan to run it headless like most folks do.

On the Advanced Tab of Squeezelite you'll find "Buffer Size Settings". He suggests entering 20000:600000. That creates a huge output buffer that eliminates streaming.

You'll need to directly "hack" the config.txt file in the root folder of the PiCorePlayer sd card. No biggie, just add:

hdmi_blanking=2

If you're running Windows, use Wordpad as it preserves the Linux carriage returns.

I have 24,000mAh Powerpack capable of 5V 2A output. Would that work?

Absolutely. Right voltage and more than enough current. I have a collection of battery packs at 1A and 2.1A and plan to try those as well.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.