Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

Further thoughts on RPi player

1. It's nice to have all the bottom octave back. When I converted to the Touch years ago, I noticed a slight compromise on the lowest bass response.
2. There is definitely more resolution across the band especially at the top. Even when evaluated using the humble components in my garage system.
3. The darn thing doesn't generate much heat even when powered up 24/7.
4. There's no problem playing 24/192 content.

I continue to admire the SB Touch product as a truly innovative product which I believe is still a better solution for the average consumer. It's a turnkey solution with an easy-to-use UI and the touch screen functionality can be an asset to many.

I've been a DIYer since I started building Dynakits when I was 15. While the simple assembly and loading of program executable with the RPi doesn't require even a fraction of that effort, I'm convinced that some folks would likely not be as enthusiastic about the unit as many of us are.

I think its a fabulous product which, like the uRendu, has caused my ecosystem to evolve and for me to change some of my previous thinking. While I'm on the cusp of turning 60, I'm still learning new ways to satisfy my emotional need for experiencing music.

What lies next is a direct comparison the the uRendu product. I see more similarities with these two players than differences. Can a $120 solution match that of a $1000 one? We'll see.

Thanks again to all the inmates who continue to assist me in the journey...

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Topic - Further thoughts on RPi player - E-Stat 15:52:50 03/09/17 (32)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.