Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: What does MicroRendu do ?

You don't *need* another box in the middle, if you're happy with the directly connected computer.

But some people (like me) prefer streaming versus direct file playback from a computer. One reason is that I have 8 or 9 different network playback devices around the house, 3-4 of which I use regularly. I want to maintain and manage one music library in one place (NAS) and stream it everywhere from there. Also, I don't want to be stuck with a control interface that's tethered to my audio system. And I prefer the convenience of using any of our tablets or phones to control any of our playback devices.

There are also the problems of noise and ground loops that have plagued a lot of computer audio setups. These are solvable problems, but a lot of people would rather just buy a device like the microRendu, which is an audio computer that's optimized better than 99% of people could manage on their own.

One other appeal of the microRendu is the versatility of its software package. They loaded the thing with all the major Linux network audio players.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: What does MicroRendu do ? - Dave_K 13:50:55 02/25/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.