Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: Ifi Audio Mirco iUSB 3.0 vs Intona USB Isolator

Here's a letter that's exactly printed as I sent to a buddy of mine last night, As he was curial in my decision to pursue said JCAT version of the Intona, and I couldn't be happier.

I've just finished an 10 listening session to it in the system, and find it does an excellent job of separating the notes, whereas each instrument and vocalist have become that much clearer to hear without straining to identify just how many backup singers there are........, this is spooky to say the least.

I also find a certain calmness to the notes themselves, with the leading edges coming across as much rounder, yet with all the information intact, just presented in a gentler manner if that makes any sense. I'm starting to think that those more inclined to prefer the other devices might in fact misunderstand what's going on here?, and relate detail as resolution?, whereas to my senses this could also be the result of something having more of a Hi-Fi'sh based coloration which has little if anything to do with purity.

As I'm hearing deeper into each recording in a manner that's definitely a major step toward in offering a cleaner, clearer sonic effect on the USB packet noise to the point where I'm now hearing tiny little strikes of snare drums and cymbal decaying properties, as well as someone's feet tapping on the piano pedals themselves, which are nuances I've heard before......., yet not as clearly and with a sense of ahhhhh.

As I hear what it's doing much like the renowned Harbeth speakers, which do an uncanny job in how they present vocal recordings in a manner very very few other speakers are capable of........, it just sounds | feel right.

The manner in which the highs and midband are rendered is simply stunning, as guitar licks merely pop out of a darken background which upon earlier listening sessions weren't as pronounced, once again the separation of notes is in my system much much better then what I've heard through the Regen | Micro and Nano iUSB 3.0 | Recovery, and while these came across as having airier highs as well as warmish tonality, and the Recovery does excellent bass, it was as if something was missing from each.

Said JCAT | Intona has an even nicer sense of high end presence, that allows me simply hear more of what's in the recordings in a manner to where I'm now finding vocal structural properties to sound more truer to the source, and while I'm aware the MicroRendu might be an even better option, my efforts once again was to avoid costly LPSs and merely have something decent enough to clean up the excessive noise as often referred to as USB packet distortion and be done with it........., at some point I do intend to try it piggybacked to an iFi Micro iUSB 3.0 to see if that group testing as done over on CA, was in fact an honest evaluation?, yet the thought of having more then 2 boxes does scare me as it seems a likely way of then having different sonic signatures from various designs which aren't voiced in the same manner, which might at some point clash?.

The verdict is out......., on what's next.

Yet there doesn't seems that I've much left to do but narrow my choices down to a dedicated music server, as I'm looking seriously into either the Aurender N100H, or Lumin D1 and my quest is complete, well at least until something breaks and requires replacement. As it stands I'm very very very content with my system as it stands.

Thanks again for pushing me to pursue the JCAT USB isolator, I absolutely love its sense of musicality and silence between and around notes.

Here's thanking those again whom were essential in assisting me in finding my way through this, as mentioned earlier on........., this whole CA thingy has proven to be a very worthwhile venture, and the final chapter in my system building process........., so here's hoping that each of you've found your way through the darkest as well.

Happier New Year to you all.....
O_oh.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.