Home Computer Audio Asylum

Music servers and other computer based digital audio technologies.

RE: The joy of TV can happen on analog interlaced CRT's. But....

I -think- we're on about the same page.

I can and do enjoy 320kbps streaming. I'm not one of those whiner 'audiophools' who call it unlistenable, fatiguing, or "it hurts my ears". Whah! I enjoy the music.

But even w/o doing a side-by-side AB test, I am familiar enough with my lossless or uncompressed CD tracks that I can tell when I'm hearing a 320kbps stream.

I do this mostly in the car. The iPhone has a handful of streaming apps for Spotify, Pandora, Amazon Music, and Apple Music. I'll launch one for the music variety on a long drive but when I hear a track that I have ripped from a CD, I'll switch to my CD rip and it is plainly clear that the rip is superior to the stream. In this setup, the iPhone in my car is acting as a transport only with it's internal DAC and analog stage are completely bypassed as the signal is sent digitally via the Lightning connector into the car's DAC.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: The joy of TV can happen on analog interlaced CRT's. But.... - AbeCollins 12:55:10 02/10/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.